Thursday, June 9, 2016

Father’s Day Ford Stories

For many people, cars and trucks are a lot more than just a way to get from place to place. It’s not just a
mode of transportation, it’s a lifestyle. Dads come in all different forms, with different strengths and interests. For this Father’s Day, we did a search for some Father’s Day stories from Ford owners. We found this great selection posted by Sean T. Johnston on the FordSocial.com website.

     Kim G. and her dad worked together to get her first Mustang looking sharp - I had an electric blue  Mustang with a white vinyl top. My dad bought it for me in 1977. The driver-side quarter panel was full of rust rot. We both wet sanded it, added wire mesh and added the compound. More wet sanding and had it repainted. Came out awesome. My dad passed a year ago. A wonderful memory. Now I've got the black convertible 2004 anniversary issue Mustang! Love!

    Tom S. and his dad pretty much rebuilt a 1967 fastback Ford Mustang from the floorboards - This is my first love, my ‘67 fastback with a 450-hp 351 Cleveland. My old man bought her for $300 for my 16th birthday. She had to be towed to my dad's garage because she had no motor or trans or floors, fenders, hood, bumpers or much of anything. It took us a good three years, but there she is the best gift/memory anyone will ever give me. My father was amazing. I mean, he owns his own glass shop and has always worked on cars but he basically rebuilt her from the ground up by himself with a little help from me of course. Bodywork, paint, interior, motor and trans rebuilds, right down to the 9-inch rear. I feel blessed every time I drive her and it's a bonding experience I had with my father that will last me forever.

Happy Fathers’ Day to all the great dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment